HONDA S600 COVERTIBLE/HARDTOP
This is a scale model kit to be assembled by an adult; it includes all the parts as indicated, but it does not include glue or paints
The Honda S600 is an automobile manufactured by Honda. It was launched in March 1964.
It was available as a roadster and as a fastback coupé – introduced in March 1965. The S600 was the first Honda available in two trim levels.
During its production run up to 1966, the model styling would remain pretty much the same, with the most notable changes coming to the front grille, bumper, and headlights.
The S600 got 57hp out of a 606cc 4-cylinder DOHC engine that could hold its own compared with racing engines, and it featured a motorcycle style chain-driven rear wheel drive.
Exports to Europe followed as the S600 quickly gained respect, gaining popularity as a highly lightweight and speedy sports car. It was also to prove a success in races both inside and outside of Japan.
The Tamiya model faithfully captures the essence of the S600, thanks to new tooling and updated parts from the S800 model kit.
About the model:
• This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The compact, lowdown form of the S600 is covered with accuracy.
• This kit is based upon Tamiya’s accurate kit of the S800 (Items 24190, 89657).
New parts are included to depict S600-specificfeatures such as the front grille and bumper unit, hood, radiator-top parts, brake and reverse lights, plus wheels.
• The unique rear chain-drive unit-based trailing arm suspension is concisely and realistically captured, as is the front doublewishbone setup.
• Parts are included to recreate the S600 as an open top with folded down roof, or as a hard top.
• Decals and metal transfers have been newly designed for this model.
By Tamiya with Refº: TAM243402